Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cocoa Cakewalk


Introducing, Cocoa Cakewalk, from the book Fast, Flirty and Fun.  

One of the first designs I made for my book, it actually helped me get published.  When I first started making designs, I had a little more time to play around, and make new discoveries.  Making this quilt opened my eyes to new possibilities in quilting.  The construction of the quilt is different than most quilts, and it was so fun to experience many epiphanies in this process. 

In October, I will be teaching a class on how to make this pattern, and I would love for you to join me.  It is at the beautiful Zermatt resort in Midway, UT.  I can't wait!  Meeting new people who love quilting always brightens my day and warms my heart. 

Can't take the class?  I know, not everyone lives in UT (neither do I)...but you still want to make this fun quilt?  The pattern is available in my upcoming book...(June '10)!  Can you imagine this quilt in fun bright pinks and yellows?  What about making it darker? Brighter?  What if you made the strip behind the circles light, and the circles dark?  So many possibilities....what will you do?


3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the book. I really like the basket weave design for the background. I have to admit I am a little intimidated by circles, but hopefully you give some pointers.

    I looked thru the book and liked the patterns, nice mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this quilt is so cute - i will be looking for the book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah, I love your quilt pattern Griddle Cakes, have you published it or do you have plans to publish it? I'd love to get a copy.
    any help would be appreciated.

    thank you,
    Sue
    sueseeley@sprintmail.com

    ReplyDelete