Thursday, May 7, 2009

This could be the Start...

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Let's hope so!  It is official, I got the contract in the mail today.  I am writing a quilting book, (gasp) and I am so excited, as well as slightly intimidated.   I have been thinking about doing something for ages, and I have either been too busy, or too scared to try anything.  That was, until last year, I finally got the itch, and I went for it.  I have spent the last year, drawing, playing, cutting, shopping, writing, hoping, etc...  It has been an interesting journey, and one that I have definitely learned from.    So, I have a long journey ahead of me in writing this manuscript (due in August)...but maybe not long enough.  However, with this little guy arriving in September, it will be perfect to get this done, and not have it hanging over me.  Of course, there is that pesky "editing" process.     I truly am so excited to do this project.  I know it is going to be labor intensive, I know my time will not be my own, I know there will be sacrifices my family will have to make, and at the end of it I will have a completed book to show for it.   

So, in all my excitement, I am hoping to share with you my journey.  I would also love to share tutorials, inspiration, etc.  Hopefully, I will have the time to share it as it comes.  Wish me luck.

12 comments:

  1. OH MY!! THAT IS AMAZING!! AMAZING!! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so Proud! Good Job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Good luck to you. What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Sarah!!! I also worked extra super hard the month before I had Michael. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I knew you could do it :). Ummmm, I, uh, weeded the yard yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, I am so glad that the contract came in the mail finally! I am just so excited for you and I feel so lucky to know a book writer! I always knew that know one could hold a candle to you and your talents. I know this will be a lot of work (and not as relaxing of a summer as you were probably hoping for), but I also know that you are a doer and you will enjoy the challenge. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, you are amazing! I know it will be fantastic and of course we will be in line to buy it hot off the press. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm so happy and excited for you! It will be fantastic. I can't wait to see it and hear all about it. I hope you'll sign my copy! Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! I am sooooo proud of you!
    I was extremely busy preparing dinner for a large group when your mom called with the happy news. Even though we were supposed to be celebrating Heidi 's (Craig's X ) graduation from UVU as well as Taylor and Bailey's birthdays, I just kept thinking of you and sharing your news with anyone that would listen.
    I know everyone will love your quilts just like I do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOOO exciting! Congrats! Even though I'm not a quilter (or a sewer for that matter), I appreciate beautiful work, and your work is amazing. Can't wait to buy your book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I feel proud to know you and own one of your quilts for my very own. Congratulations! I can't wait to see it. Good Luck. We will all be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for you Sarah! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to see it all come about.

    ReplyDelete