Friday, January 20, 2012

Book Review : another Bite of Schnibbles

another Bite of Schnibbles
by Carrie Nelson

I love all the quilts by Carrie Nelson.  She designs the kinds of quilts I like to make.  They are all pieced, which is my very favorite part of quilting, and all her designs are amazing.  Each design works well in whatever fabric preference you have, which is the true test of great designing.  For each quilt design there are two patterns:  you can make the quilt using 10" squares or using 5" squares.  I love that for each quilt, you get to see 2 colorways because she makes them with different precut lines.

My favorite? The Getaway pattern is really fun.  It can blend well, or it can be striking and stark.  I love it.  I think it would be perfect for all my stacks of precuts.  Yes, I have stacks of precuts waiting and longing for me to make use of them.   If you are like me with stacks of fabric waiting to be sewn and cut, you should totally get this book.  You will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment