Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Black Eyed Pea Salsa


I tried this salsa the first time when I was at Red Dirt Retreats....HELLO.  So super fabulously yummy.  This is totally my style of food.  I love avocado, beans, cilantro, etc.     Everything about it is amazing.  LOVE it.  Thanks Krista for the recipe.


So, I am providing you the original recipe.  You will love it.


***Something interesting to note is that I fudge with recipes all the time....even this time.  So, what did I do different?  I added frozen corn (about 1 cup) instead of shoepeg corn, Lime zest  and the juice from 1 lime, green or red pepper chopped, and instead of making my own dressing...I just used good seasons dressing made with red wine vinegar.  Also, you can use number of different bean types....depending on what you have on hand. The white beans are great, and I love to add a little color in there with a black or red bean.     I know, I know....I don't follow recipes.  Oh well.




Black Eyed Pea Salsa

1 can black eyed peas-drained
1 can shoepeg corn
2 Roma Tomatoes-diced
1 bunch green onions chopped
2 avacados chopped
1/4 bunch cilantro-chopped
2-3 cloves garlic minced
1/4 c olive oil
1/4 c red wine vinegar
1 t cumin
1/2 t salt

No comments:

Post a Comment