Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Book Review - Fabric Play by Deanne Moore


What a fun book.  Searching through this book was such a pleasure.  I loved looking at all the different quilt patterns, and seeing not just one example of each quilt but two.  Two very different takes on the same quilting pattern.  I love this.  I love that this whole book has this purpose, to show quilters that you don't have to do the same thing the pattern did. That you don't even have to come close.  Make it different, make it your own.

(love this modern quilt)


I think I have learned the very most about quilting and color when I have pushed the envelope a little bit.  When I have played off the "expected" in a pattern, and in turn, made something that looked completely new.  Deanne is really trying to get quilters to get rid of expectations, to push themselves to think outside the box a little, and try something new.

All the designs in this book are perfect for a beginning quilter, or for a quilter who is ready to challenge themselves with color and fabric selection.  It's really a great way to becoming a quilter who understands how to use fabric and color to make the visual impact desired.

Check out some of her designs, and the differences.  Check out here and here to get more info on this fun book.








No comments:

Post a Comment