Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Pinteresting - Homemade Snickers

I have noticed that I really like pinning fun recipes on pinterest.  And yet, I don't make the recipes.  This is a great injustice for all.  Well, maybe just for me and my family.  But, no matter how small, injustices need...NEED...to be righted.    So....I sacrifice.
Each weekend, the plan is to have one of the kids pick a recipe they want to make, and then continue until I have made my way through my pinterest board.  This weekend it was homemade snickers.  

Here's the recipe I found from pinterest.

This was easy and fun to make.  Really.  No surprises, nothing crazy, just easy to make and yummy to eat.  The only weird thing (and isn't there always a weird thing with recipes?), who has an 11 x 7 inch pan?  I don't.  9 x 13  yes. 9 x 9, you betcha.  Maybe I'm out to lunch, but I didn't have this size of cookie sheet, pyrex, or anything else.  We made do with a 9 x 9 baking pan.  I think it wasn't perfect because the chocolate wasn't quite as thick as the one pictured on her web site.  But...that is nothing, no big deal, but thought I should share.  These were yummy, and you should probably do the world a favor and go make some for you and your neighbors.  They might need a little pick me up today!

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips 
  • 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
  • 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 1/2 cups  Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
  • 1 cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts
  • 11 ounces caramels
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
  • DIRECTIONS
    1. Line an 11X7-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
    2. Place 1 cup of chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons of peanut butter in a heatproof bowl. Microwave for 60 seconds and stir until smooth and combined. Microwave for few more seconds if needed.
    3. Pour melted chocolate in prepared pan and spread evenly. Place pan in freezer for 2-3 minutes or until hardened.
    4. Meanwhile, in a clean bowl place marshmallow fluff, 1/4 cup peanut butter and powdered sugar. With a wooden spoon or spatula stir until it forms a soft dough. (Can be done in a mixing bowl using dough hook as well).
    5. Remove “dough” from bowl and press with fingers on top of chocolate layer.
    6. Sprinkle peanuts on top, gently pressing them in.
    7. In a small saucepan add the caramels and heavy cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted. Immediately pour over peanuts, spreading it all over with the back on a spoon.
    8. Refrigerate for 5 minutes until set.
    9. In a heatproof bowl, melt remaining chocolate chips and peanut butter. Pour over caramel layer, spreading evenly.
    10. Place pan in fridge for 10 minutes until chocolate is set.
    11. With a sharp knife, cut into bars.

6 comments:

  1. These look awesome! You are so good! The kids are always asking me why I look at all those recipes and never make them. Maybe we will have to try your method.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Aqur Printing Jakarta wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)
    cetak buku murah
    cetak buku umroh haji
    cetak buku yasin murah

    ReplyDelete