Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Book Review- Felting For Kids


A fun perk I have from writing this book, is I am able to review a number of Martingale's books.  It has been a treat to see what so many others are creating.    You can look forward to a number of installments about Martingale's books, and please let me know if there is a particular book you would like to know more about.

Anytime I want to buy a book, I want to touch it, feel it, look through it, and determine if this is a book worth my money and time.  As I review each book, I hope you get a better idea of its contents, so you can know if it is indeed a book for you.

This is not a quilting book, but a book on felting wool.  I seriously love wool felt.  I love wool!!!  When I saw this book, I knew I had to check it out.  Not only was it about all things wool, but it had stuff kids can do too, BONUS.

It starts with great instructions on how to felt wool.  Then it goes on to give you tons, of ways to use it.  There are four sections: baby, princess, love, and cool.  Within each section there are projects to make.
  Some examples are:
Balls, blocks, toy box, bags, pillows, cars, slippers, pencil holders, runner, hairpins (CUTE), book covers, jewelry, desk sets, and storage pockets.

Every single thing in this book is super cute.  If you have ever considered dabbling in wool felting, you should pick this book up.  It looks like a perfect activity for you and your kiddos to do together.

Where to get supplies for wool felting? There's a list at the end of the book, here's the info.

Wool Batts, Fibers, and Supplies

Outback Fibers

New England Felting Supply

Spritely Goods

Ready-Made Felt

Weir Dolls and Crafts

Woolylady

Joggles

No comments:

Post a Comment