Friday, August 28, 2009

Baby Quilts


Fabric line: Arcadia

This quilt is similar to a quilt I just made for my friend. I had extra fabric and thought I would whip up one for Noah since I loved the fabric so much. No fabric line, just bunches of greens and blues.


There is another quilt made from the Arcadia fabric, which I am too lazy at this moment to take a picture of... but imagine a larger quilt in a totally different pattern, and a brown fuzzy back. Yum. The kids love that quilt, and are asking me to make them one (hmmm, probably not right now). I loved making these quilts, it is so fun to prepare for a little one! The fuzzy brown back was not my favorite, quilting on that minkee is not a blessing...and the fuzzies cover the house more than I would like. I worked like a dickens' at then end of the process just to rid myself of all the fuzz. Now it is bound and perfect, and there is nary a brown fuzz in my house.

4 comments:

  1. These quilts are great! I love the greens and blues. I love Liz' face when she lost that tooth. too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts Miss "Fuzz"...love the blue/green quilt, the design is fab'. Noah is so lucky to have you as his mom (don't get me wrong the rest of your kids are lucky too, it's just that Noah will be the BABY).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I happened across your blog from a friends blog. I wanted to let you know that I have a good friend who is a VERY talented quilt designer and while perusing your site I can tell that a lot of "your" guilts are highly inspired by hers. I get that maybe she inspired you but direclty copying her designs and then trying to sell them as your own...that's just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama,

    What a great friend you are to your designer friend, to stick up for her like that. I appreciate your concern, and I thought it would be a good idea for me to straighten a couple things out.

    The quilts pictured above, are not in my new book coming out. I have seen a number of patterns using this whirlygig block, and I loved it so much, I made a quilt for my baby, and my friends baby. There is a pattern in my book using a similar block, the windmill, and a different border treatment, which was my inspiration for the first quilt above. However, I seriously simplified the border treatment for the baby quilt.

    As far as a lot of my quilts on this blog being inspired by your friend....I doubt it. All the quilts shown on this site were made in different years...notably, 2004, 2005, and 2009 and had multiple sources of inspiration. There will be more quilts pictured as my book release date gets closer.

    There are quite a few of us quilters who enjoy a similar look, similar fabrics, etc. I love how each quilt designer takes traditional blocks, and still makes them their own. I hope as I start sharing my creations , others will receive some enjoyment from my designs.

    ReplyDelete