Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fast and Easy Valentines Treats


You may have seen cute valentines cards like these (taken from Summertimedesigns.blogspot.com).  They are totally cute, and perfect for the holiday. 



But, if you are like me, and you want to just buy the box of treats and cards, you may have bought one of these boxes.    See, it looks like this box includes the cards along with the tootsie pops.  Don't be fooled!  The box just came with candy, NO CARDS.  

So, I know how to be cute, I could totally take some good pics of my kids.  But, that would take more effort than I currently want to use.  So, I came up with a way that I think is cute, and EASY.  Yes, emphasis on easy for this mom.  No making my kids look cute and happy for a picture.  No extra trip to costco to pick up the pics.  5 minutes on Pages, print, cut, and staple.


Here's what you get.



How do you achieve this super easy awesome valentines "flag"?

The steps are easy. 
1. Create 2 columns in your document.  
2. Next make sure there is a lot of room on the left side of the happyVALENTINESday.  Adjust your margines to get the space you need. (Oh, you need this space so you can wrap the paper around the stick).
3.  I used Gill Sans font (BOLD for the word "VALENTINES" and no spaces), the line spacing was .7 between the top and bottom lines
4.  Fill up both columns with your greeting, making sure there is enough space between the lines
5. Cut them out.
6.  Wrap flag around tootsie pop and staple in place. (the best way to make this work is to staple it to the wrapper as well).

You are done.  That took about 10 minutes, and it is cute enough.  It gets the job done with minimal effort.  And that is my kind of "craft."  

Happy Valentines Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment