Tuesday, September 20, 2011

ADORABLE!




Isn't that the cutest little guy you  have ever seen.  Yep, I am a little partial to my sweetheart of a baby.  But, oh my goodness, he is heart melting.  Yummy.    Okay, moving on.

What are these itty bitty tiny quilts?  They are little wall hangings I made for our church.  We are doing a service project for sweet little babies in other countries.  These babies are having a hard time developing the ability to see because they have no contrasting colors..staring at white walls all day.  

Here comes the little quilts.  So, to do our part to help these little ones, we are making little quilts for them to gaze at.  

My goal for this project: 1) get it done in a couple of hours, 2) make the quilts using lots of contrasting colors.  So, I sorted through my scraps, I used only left over quilt blocks from samples I have made, or blocks left over from big projects.  Get it done in a couple of hours.....CHECK.  This really was a fun project to do, it took so little time, but I still got to sew (I am missing that with my little joy ...shown in the pictures above and below), and I know it is for a good cause.

If you are looking for a small project to tackle, maybe you need to get your feet wet in this new hobby, consider sewing a little something for someone in need.  It will fill your bucket! 

 I promise.



1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to use up all those lovely scraps we never seem to know what to do with and such a charming little helper you have.

    ReplyDelete