Friday, April 29, 2011

13 years and counting....


Each year my hubby gets one of these "babies" as his anniversary gift.  A year in the life of the Bisel family.  I love it.  Each year, I get to look back at what has happened.  I see the happy, the sad, the exciting, the terrifying, the ordinary, and the extraordinary.

I am one lucky gal to have been so poor our first year.  If we hadn't been poor, I probably would have bought him something for our anniversary instead of starting this tradition.  

Tender Mercies.

I thought maybe someone else in the universe might like to do something like this for their own family.  So, here is the link to the anniversary template I used.  It is in photoshop, a .psd file.

Here's the steps to a successful collage. 
Size is 11x14

1. go through each month of pictures, and pick 2 pictures per month.  There are 22 slots, so you will have extras (and it is always good to have extras to choose from).

2.photoshop your images to make them look printer ready

3. crop the images into the size of the slot.  there are basic sizes here....2x3, 3x2, 2x2, 3x3, 4x3, etc..  the only crazy size is the one in the left corner 4x2...sorry.   
***As you crop, be aware of how the photo will be seen.  If it is in a frame, allow a little more room on the sides so faces won't be cut off. 

4.  place the photos below (in the layers palette) the anniversary template (this makes it so the black lines show).

5. I used gill sans light font to write a one word description of our pictures.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Great anniversary idea--I may try it next year! How large does the whole collage end up--do you print it on regular paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 13th!!

    God bless and keep you. :)

    ReplyDelete