Saturday, May 1, 2010

Birthday Bash

copyright Martingale Publishing

Pondering about what kinds of quilts I wanted to design, I thought about theme quilts.  I always love theme quilts...Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Valentines Day, etc..  There is one holiday that seemed to be missing...BIRTHDAYS.  I mean, who doesn't love their Birthday the most of all?

Like the coveted and much loved, red "You are Special" plate, the Birthday Bash quilt is for your loved ones' special day.  Sometimes the quilt comes out early, and stays long (if more birthdays are on the way), or it comes out for just one day.  Either way, this quilt says to the birthday boy or girl, that this day is special.  I place this quilt at the hub of our home, by the stairs and kitchen.  Everyone passes by, and everyone sees it, and it reminds us of the upcoming celebration (involving the loved Chocolate Cake).

Since I have boys and girls, I tried to make the quilt without any pink.  But, what if you have all girls?  Wouldn't this quilt be so fun in bright pinks?  Any color, whatever your favorite color is, will work well in this quilt.  And when your loved ones see the Birthday quilt "out and about" they will know it is time for a family celebration.

copyright Martingale Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment