Thursday, June 25, 2015

Creative Eye Thursday-Quiltmaking Essentials 2 by Donna Lynn Thomas

Have you ever wanted more in depth instructions for quilting? Have you ever felt like you needed a guide book to help you with patterns you have previously purchased?  Would you like to know, not just how to make a quilt a certain way, but why that's a good way to make it?  What's the best way to bind a quilt, how do you make a binding look amazing?  How can I set my blocks in a way that makes the quilt absolutely shine?  If you have ever wanted more in depth answers to your basic quilting questions, this book is perfect for you.
Martingale, 2015; used by permission. Photos by Brent Kane. All rights reserved

I remember when I started quilting, I needed information.  And lots of it.  I got every book I could, I and read it from front to back.  I loved the information  I learned from those quilters.  And I LOVE books like this, that not only teach how...but WHY?  When a quilter knows the why, they know if they can tweak the method.  They know when to be creative, and test the limits, and they know when to play it safe, and have a quilt that can stand up to the test of time.

Buy this book, your library will be better for it.  Buy it here or  here.  Enjoy!
 Martingale, 2015; used by permission. Photos by Brent Kane. All rights reserved

 Martingale, 2015; used by permission. Photos by Brent Kane. All rights reserved

 Martingale, 2015; used by permission. Photos by Brent Kane. All rights reserved

 Martingale, 2015; used by permission. Photos by Brent Kane. All rights reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment